Once upon a time when we were young, we crammed 3 guests into our 450 square foot apartment for Thanksgiving Dinner. Every recipe we cooked for dinner (except for the turkey) came from Cooking Light Magazine.
This time I decided to veganize the recipe to see how it turned out. I also made a few other substitutions, based off the fact that I usually find Cooking Light recipes to be a little short on spice.
- Flax egg in place of the real egg (1 Tablespoon of flax meal + 3 Tablespoons of warm water)
- Almond milk in place of 2% milk
- Smart Balance soy free butter in place of regular butter
- Doubled the amount of apples
- Doubled the amount of cinnamon
You can find the original recipe here.
The vegan version turned out to taste even better than I remember it tasting the first time I made it.
What’s your favorite way to use apples in a recipe?